Sponsor a project
Over here at Zamcog and Shitima, we don't dream small. We see how much our students are capable of and we want to give them the opportunity to reach their fullest potential. We are constantly looking for new ways to ensure the sustainability of our project, and how to give our graduating students the best chance at an economically viable, healthy and happy life.
Our short-term goals include:
- Acquisition of a new school bus
- We're also looking to expand our housing options for our older students to help them transition into a work environment by providing them with transitional living arrangements
Our long term goals? Well, there are a lot of them.
- In the next 3 years, Zamcog would like to complete a comprehensive skills training programme for our students, giving them valuable hard skills so that they can have careers as carpenters, cobblers, mechanics and more once they have left us (as hard as it is to see them go!)
- We are also aiming to expand our remedial education programme, because let's face it: sometimes you just don't get it on the first go!
- Lastly, Zamcog's biggest dream for the future is an implentation of a micro-financing plan focused upon opportunities with our students who have completed a skills training course, in partnership with pre-existing microfinancing NGO's in Zambia. Micro-financing is by far one of the most exciting and interesting realms within the fundraising world today and we would like to be part of it!